Welcome to the 43rd Dare Day!
What's Dare Day All About?
A Full Day Of Fun For The Whole Family
Sponsored by Town of Manteo & Dare County and Funding in part by the Outer Banks Visitor Bureau, the 43rd Dare Day is coming to the Manteo waterfront on Saturday June 2, 2018. This year promises to be bigger and better with new attractions for every member of the family. The event opens at 9:00 am along the Manteo waterfront and along Queen Elizabeth Street featuring unique craft booths, all types of food, frozen delights and entertainment.
Funnel cakes, homemade ice cream, seafood, Bar-B-Que, shaved ice, and pizza are just a few of the food selections that will be available.
Fun For Kids
Booths with kids games and face painting. New this year are free amusement rides and bouncy houses presented by DC Amusements. This year The Kids Zone is located next to the playground and weather tower in downtown Manteo.
Two stages with magic and music presented on each stage throughout the day.
Arts & Crafts
New and returning craft vendors from up and down the east coast and throughout North Carolina will feature their hand crafted items.
The Fun Begins in:
Check Back Often As We Add More Events & Entertainment!
NEW EVENT IN 2017!
- Are you ready for a squealin’ time? You don’t want to miss the Hogway Speedway Racing Pigs! Racing pigs have been a tradition at the NC State Fair for years. They are coming to Dare Day with 3 thirty minute shows.
- Presented by Circle “C” Farms of Newton, NC, these pigs have been putting on a show for more than a decade.
- It isn’t only pigs you can see taking to the speedway. Even some cute little ducks and goats get in on the action!
- You won’t want to miss this new Dare Day attraction
- Before June 3rd pick up boat kit and rules for regatta at Roanoke Island Maritime Museum on 104 Fernando Street in downtown Manteo. Everything is included in kit. Feel free to decorate and paint boat as you would like.
- Check in starts at 9:15 am at the boathouse. First race starts at 10:30 am right after Pirate Magic Show.
- Boys and girls ages 4-11 are eligible to participate. The race course is a straight course shaped like a rubber rain gutter, and the sailor blows the boat down the course to the finish line. The ages categories will be divided into 4 different age groups. Ribbon medals will be awarded for the top three winners in each age group.
- Download a copy of the 2017 rules here.
- For more information or questions contact Barry Wickre at the Roanoke Island Maritime Museum at 252-475-1750.
- Enter your favorite home canned jam, jelly or preserve, pickles, and homemade cakes, fruit pies, cream or chess pies, cakes, candy, breads, and cookies. You can have more than one entry for each category and enter as many categories as you would like.
- Blue Ribbons will be awarded in each category.
- Register your entry by 12 noon at the Blue Ribbon Tent next to the Weather Tower on the downtown waterfront. All entries must be homemade and entered in the name of the maker.
- Download a registration form and Blue Ribbon Competition rules.
- Judging begins at 12:30 pm and winners will be announced and awarded at 1:30 pm on the Oasis Suites Boathouse Stage.
- For more information or questions email Martha Wickre at email@example.com
- 9:00 AM: Blessing of the Season
- 9:00 -10:00: Trinidad Ron
- 10:15 -10:45: Sea Notes
- 11:00-11:45: Bill & Friends featuring Betsy Robinson
- 11:45-12:00 noon: Echoes of Heritage
- 12:00 noon: Dare Day Ceremony
- 12:15-1:00: John Emil
- 1:00-2:00: Jonny Waters
- 2:15-3:15: Jeremy Russell
- 3:30-4:15: The Ramble
- 4:30-5:00: Shallowbag
- 5:00-6:00: On Edge
Like To Be A Vendor At Dare Day?
If you would like to be a food vendor at Dare Day 2017, please click on the button below to download the application form.
If you would like to be a craft vendor at Dare Day 2017, please click on the button below to download the application form.
Please Note: The Downtown Boat Ramp and parking lot at the intersection Devon Street and Ananais Dare Street will be closed to all boats and trailer parking on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday, June 3 for Dare Day events.
Dare Day/Town of Manteo
PO Box 246
Manteo, NC 27954