Sponsored by Town of Manteo & Dare County and Funding in part by the Outer Banks Visitor Bureau, the 42nd Dare Day is coming to the Manteo waterfront on Saturday June 3, 2017. This year promises to be bigger and better with new attractions for every member of the family. The event opens at 9:00 am along the Manteo waterfront and along Queen Elizabeth Street featuring unique craft booths, all types of food, frozen delights and entertainment.
Fabulous FoodFunnel cakes, homemade ice cream, seafood, Bar-B-Que, shaved ice, and pizza are just a few of the food selections that will be available.
Fun For KidsThe Kid Zone will be featured again this year with new booths and activities.
EntertainmentTwo stages with magic and music presented on each stage throughout the day.
Arts & CraftsNew and returning craft vendors from up and down the east coast and throughout North Carolina will feature their hand crafted items.
The Fun Begins in:
- Before June 4th pick up boat kit and rules for regatta at Roanoke Island Maritime Museum on 104 Fernando Street in downtown Manteo. Everything is included in kit. Feel free to decorate and paint boat as you would like.
- Check in starts at 9:15 am at the boathouse. First race starts at 10:30 am right after Pirate Magic Show.
- Boys and girls ages 3-11 are eligible to participate. The race course is a straight course shaped like a rubber rain gutter, and the sailor blows the boat down the course to the finish line. The ages categories will be divided into 4 different age groups. Ribbon medals will be awarded for the top three winners in each age group.
- For more information or questions contact Barry Wickre at the Roanoke Island Maritime Museum at 252-475-1750.
- Enter your favorite home canned jam, jelly or preserve, pickles, and homemade cakes, fruit pies, cream or chess pies, cakes, candy, breads, and cookies. You can have more than one entry for each category and enter as many categories as you would like.
- Blue Ribbons will be awarded in each category.
- Register your entry by 12 noon at the Blue Ribbon Tent next to the Weather Tower on the downtown waterfront. All entries must be homemade and entered in the name of the maker.
- Judging begins at 12:30 pm and winners will be announced and awarded at 1:30 pm on the Oasis Suites Boathouse Stage.
- For more information or questions email Martha Wickre at email@example.com
- 9:00 AM – Blessing of the season
- 9:15 AM – MOP Rock Band
- 10:00 AM – Pirate Magic Show Featuring “MERMAN THE MAGICIAN”
- 10:45 AM – Jeremy Russell
- 11:30 AM – Island Dance Group
- 11:45 AM – Echos Of Heritage
- NOON – Dare Day Award Ceremony
- 12:30 PM – Jug Tucker Band
- 1:45 PM – Graham Outten
- 2:30 PM – Island Dance Group
- 3:00 PM – Bill & Friends
- 4:30 PM – Old Enough To Know Better
Food VendorsIf you would like to be a food vendor at Dare Day 2016, download the form and follow the simple entry instructions.
Craft VendorsIf you would like to be a craft vendor at Dare Day 2016, download the form and follow the simple entry instructions.
Dare Day/Town of Manteo
PO Box 246
Manteo, NC 27954