Welcome to the 43rd Dare Day!
What's Dare Day All About?
A Full Day Of Fun For The Whole Family
Sponsored by Town of Manteo & Dare County and Funding in part by the Outer Banks Visitor Bureau, the 43rd Dare Day is coming to the Manteo waterfront on Saturday June 2, 2018. This year promises to be bigger and better with new attractions for every member of the family. The event opens at 9:00 am along the Manteo waterfront and along Queen Elizabeth Street featuring unique craft booths, all types of food, frozen delights and entertainment.
Funnel cakes, homemade ice cream, seafood, Bar-B-Que, shaved ice, and pizza are just a few of the food selections that will be available.
Fun For Kids
Booths with kids games and face painting. New this year are free amusement rides and bouncy houses presented by DC Amusements. This year The Kids Zone is located next to the playground and weather tower in downtown Manteo.
Two stages with magic and music presented on each stage throughout the day.
Arts & Crafts
New and returning craft vendors from up and down the east coast and throughout North Carolina will feature their hand crafted items.
The Fun Begins in:
Check Back Often As We Add More Events & Entertainment!
COMING BACK AGAIN IN 2018!
- Are you ready for a squealin’ time? You don’t want to miss the Hogway Speedway Racing Pigs! Racing pigs have been a tradition at the NC State Fair for years. They are coming to Dare Day with 4 thirty minute shows.
- Presented by Circle “C” Farms of Newton, NC, these pigs have been putting on a show for more than a decade.
- It isn’t only pigs you can see taking to the speedway. Even some cute little ducks and goats get in on the action!
- You won’t want to miss this new Dare Day attraction
- Featuring ECU pirate mascot Steve Whetzel portray and recreates the Golden Age of Piracy. Our show combines comedy and hi-jinks with rousing sword-fights and educational information. What could be better than being a pirate!? We like to make friends wherever we go. Come and see us in person and come up after the show and introduce yourself and say hello. We would love to meet you!
NEW EVENT IN 2018!
- Captain Jim is Magic, Master of Trickery! Your Mind will Freak, Your Belly will Laugh! A unique, one of a kind show for the entire family. You have to see to believe! Sky High Skyler-Stilt Walking and Juggling He stands 9 feet tall. You gotta see him…No, really you can’t help but see him!
- Please join us for the 3rd Annual 108 Budleigh Blue Ribbon Competition. Get your baking on and bring your best cake, pie, bread, cookies, canned goods and enter the competition this year!
- Participants should deliver entry(s) on Friday, June 1, between the hours of 4:30pm and 6:30pm or Saturday, June 2, between the hours of 9:00am and 11:00am to 108 Budleigh Street, in downtown Manteo. For more information about the rules and entry form click the link below.
- Download a registration form and Blue Ribbon Competition rules.
- Judging begins at 12:30 pm and winners will be announced and awarded at 1:30 pm on the Oasis Suites Boathouse Stage.
- For more information or questions email Martha Wickre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like To Be A Vendor At Dare Day?
If you would like to be a food vendor at Dare Day 2018, please click on the button below to download the application form.
If you would like to be a craft vendor at Dare Day 2018, please click on the button below to download the application form.
Please Note: The Downtown Boat Ramp and parking lot at the intersection Devon Street and Ananais Dare Street will be closed to all boats and trailer parking on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday, June 3 for Dare Day events.
Dare Day/Town of Manteo
PO Box 246
Manteo, NC 27954